Hotel in Amsterdam to stay with kids.
Going to Amsterdam with your kids? You’ve done the right choice! This beautiful city has a lot more to offer than adult-oriented entertainment. In fact, there are so many places for kids to choose from, that the only problem you’ll have to face is choosing where to go. You will also find a number of family hotels in Amsterdam that offer accommodation with children at low rates, special amenities and packages for the whole family.
As a start of your kids’ acquaintance with Amsterdam, take them to the Artis Royal Zoo. This is the oldest zoo in the Netherlands that contains a Planetarium, Aquarium, Botanical Garden and more. Little discoverers will appreciate a visit to the Nemo Science Centre or the Maritime Museum. Choose a hotel situated close to one of these attractions to make your visit more convenient. Here are some family hotels in Amsterdam.
Best hotels for accommodation with children in Amsterdam
Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam 5*. From €321 for a Double Room
If you want the best for your kids, head straight to Sofitel. This is one of the most luxurious city addresses. It is often visited by celebrities while its chambers hosted royal weddings. Your kids will be impressed by the sparkling interiors and the grandeur of the place.
But the main advantages for families are:
- Location in a quiet area but still close to central attractions. The Rembrandt Museum, Jewish Historical Museum and Madame Tussaud’s wax museum are next doors.
- The Amsterdam Dungeon found nearby. Interactive shows are held in a gloomy dungeon setting and throw the light on such horrific topics as the plague, tortures and witch burnings. Sounds scary, but in fact it’s lots of fun. Not suitable for children under 10.
- Save on your stay with the “Magnifique Family” package. 50% off the cost of the second room, complimentary breakfast for children and late check-out at 4 p.m. included.
Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center 4*. From €189 for a Kids Stay for Free package
Moevenpick hotel wins from its excellent location right by the harbor, with two main sequent advantages: views over the river IJ and canal cruises starting right by its doors. Free shuttle bus to the central station is provided.
You and your kids will like the hotel for:
- “Kids eat for free” package available all year round and “Kids stay free package” valid though September 2nd 2013.
- Nemo Science Experience package. Tickets to Nemo Science Centre, Mövenpick ice-cream in Silk Bar and other pleasant extras included
- Jamie Oliver’s restaurant “Fifteen” situated a few blocks from the hotel. Oliver is known for his kids-oriented healthy menus
Grand Hotel Amrath 5*. From €249 for a Deluxe Room City View
Grand Hotel Amrath is another stunning historic hotel that will impress your family with atmospheric Art Deco interiors. It’s located in the former shipping house a couple of minutes’ walk from the Centraal Station. This is a perfect starting point for both standard sightseeing and entertainment for kids: the popular Nemo Science Center is pretty close.
Families will appreciate the hotel for:
- A good choice of rooms, including suites, double rooms and adjoining rooms
- Children’s’ bathrobes, mini-fridges with snacks, remote control blinds and wireless internet in rooms
- Bicycle rental offered. There are even bicycles for kids available
- An excellent spa zone and a swimming pool are free of charge
Amsterdam Marriott Hotel 5*. From 229 for a Kids Eat Free package
For a location close to the city centre but still near some peaceful spot, choose Marriott hotel. The hotel stands next to the Vondelpark – one of the most popular Amsterdam parks, with several playgrounds and a Great Milkhouse cafe located on its territory.
We recommend the hotel for:
- The Kinderkookkafe found nearby. Your kids can try their hand at cooking and prepare pizzas, cookies, cakes by their own
- Kids eat free package available until December 31st 2013. Breakfast for two adults and two children under 12 plus free lunch and dinner for two children included
- Benefits provided by Marriott hotel chain: 20% Off Summer Breaks package available in Summer 2013 and access to the executive lounge for the Marriott card owners
Eden Lancaster Hotel 3*. From €133 for a Twin Room
Many families would prefer a more budget accommodation. For this one, book Eden Lancaster hotel. Its great advantage is location right by the Artis Royal Zoo. A visit to the Zoo, with its Planetarium and Aquarium, could take the whole day!
As for the hotel, its benefits are:
- Family rooms with four separate beds
- Location close to the Zoo. The TunFun indoor playground for children under 12 is also easily accessible
- Rich breakfast with items to suit even the most whimsical children