Good hotel near Amsterdam Central railway station
They say all roads lead to Rome. In Amsterdam, all roads lead to the Central Station. The station is in fact one of the main Dutch railway hubs. Getting to any part of Amsterdam is easy from here, that’s why many tourists who want to observe the whole city or travel around the country choose to settle near the Station. And the choice of hotels here is truly great! You can choose first class accommodation right near the station or budget hotels and even hostels (the latter are concentrated in great amount in the nearby Red Light District). We offer you the list of the most popular and highly recommended hotels near the railway station.
Recommended hotels near the Central Station in Amsterdam
NH Barbizon Palace 5*. From €110
The most discerning guests looking for luxurious accommodation are advised to stay at the Barbizon Palace hotel. Stylish and atmospheric, it is situated just across the channel from the Central Station, making sightseeing around Amsterdam very convenient. In fact, you could start your excursion right at the hotel, since it occupies nineteen 17th century houses and is an attraction on its own.
All kinds of services and facilities are offered, but the most exceptional are:
- Restaurant Vermeer – a winner of the prestigious Michelin and Gault Milau awards. French Mediterranean cuisine.
- For a more casual (and cheap) alternative, drop by the Hudson's Terrace & Restaurant in the hotel’s lobby. Regional and International Specialties offered
- The St. Olof chapel currently housing the hotel’s meeting centre dates back to the 15th century!
- The hotel has its own boat landing dock
Inntel Hotel Amsterdam Centre 4*. From €108
Want a hotel with its own face? Head to the Inntel Hotel Amstedam Centre. Not only does it boast a peaceful traffic-free location just 5 minutes from the railway station, but also offers rooms with designer features. Leather arm chairs by Montis, designer lighting by Foscarini and Valerio Bottin. Pictures and photos hanging on the hotel’s walls create a stylish setting.
There are some other unique features that you will like at this hotel:
- Unique ambience of the Hästens Junior Suite: views on the the Kolk Square, wooden beams, high ceilings, Jacuzzi and the Hästens king size bed will make you say “Aaahh!”
- For meetings, there are 3 meeting rooms for 8 persons offered. Need more space? The hotel has some partner venues in a 5 minute walk location
- Inroom breakfast for just € 2,50 per person per day
- Bike rental is a standard offer at most Amsterdam hotels. But at Inntelhotels you can also rent a scooter
Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam 4*. From €118
Park Plaza is one of the most conveniently located and popular hotels in Amsterdam. Found opposite the Central Station, in a historic 19th century building, it offers services on the international level combined with basic facilities. The hotel is comprised of an old and a new building. The latter offers you stylish urban rooms that have recently been renovated. Good choice for business and leisure.
We recommend the hotel for several reasons:
- Quiet rooms despite the location
- Easy travel around the city both by public transport and on water: there is a boat landing dock close by
- Free access to the hotel’s gym, pool and Finnish sauna
- An opportunity to save up to 20% when booking in advance
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Center Hotel 3*. From €113
Crowne Plaza is an international class hotel with an excellent position some 5 minutes walk from the Central Station. The hotel is housed in two historic buildings, so some periodic features like the wooden beams can be seen in several rooms.
The hotel’s main advantages are:
- Delicious international dishes with a Dutch twist at the New Dorrius restaurant
- The Honeymoon suite with historic features and Jacuzzi is perfect for your romantic trip
- Amsterdam Package (from €229) is a great way to organize your sightseeing programme with little effort. The package includes breakfast, free public transport, free museum access, a tour to the Gassan Diamonds and a one-hour canal cruise.
Hotel Luxer 3*. From €80
Luxer is a cheaper variant of accommodation in the city centre. While standing just 5 minutes from the Central station, it offers basic but comfortable rooms ranging from Single to Quadruple ones. Children under 7 years stay for free and the breakfast rate is €7 only, which is rather a good bargain for Amsterdam.
The hotel is highly rated for:
- Cozy atmosphere of a small hotel: there are only 47 rooms offered
- Easy access to local sights, entertainment and restaurants. Everything’s at your fingertips: The Dam Square, the Nieuwmarkt, the Leidseplein and the Red Light District
- Rooms for four persons are great for a family stay or accommodation with friends