Discover Amsterdam on your bike. Best offers for cyclists at Amsterdam hotels
Guess what the most popular way of traveling around Amsterdam is? It’s not a car, or a bus, or even an unmounted walk! It’s a bike ride! Wherever you go in Amsterdam, there are cyclists all around you. So if you want to discover the city in the way that the Amsterdamers do, rent a bike. Bike rental is a standard service at most Amsterdam hotels, however, only some have special offers and bike rental packages. Here is the list of hotels that offer cycling experiences to their guests.
Amsterdam hotels that offer bike rental packages
Hotel Okura Amsterdam 5*. From €129
Okura is the hotel with its own character which blends European luxury with a Japanese feel. There are lots of exceptional services to enjoy, from the Michelin-awarded Ciel Bleu restaurant or the sky-high 23rd Bar to the super spacious suites. But what might interest you as a cyclist is the hotel’s location in the Amsterdam-Zuid, the multicultural area known for its Museum Quarter, the Albert-Cuyp market, the RAI Center and other things.
Choose Okura for:
- A quieter location in De Pijp area with a quick ride to such peaceful spots as the Vondelpark, Sarphatipark, Martin Luther Kingpark and others
- Views on the Amstelkannal. The Amstel river is a short ride from here
- The Biking Package starting from €257: an overnight stay, breakfast at restaurant Le Camelia, bike rental and the Amsterdam info package included
- A choice of spa packages and offers combining dining and wellness experiences
Inntel Hotel Amsterdam Centre 4*. From €108
A stay at the Inntel hotel is a way to explore the centre of Amsterdam with little effort, especially when you’re on your bike. The hotel has an exceptional character created by its design, lots of photos and paintings hanging on the walls. The Hästens Junior Suite with king size bed, leather chairs and Jacuzzi is the hotel’s pride.
Advantages for those who want to see Amsterdam on a bike:
- An opportunity to rent a bike or even a scooter at the hotel
- Discount Bike rental and Yellow Bike rental services close by
- The city centre attractions such as the Van Gogh Museum, Madame Tussaud’s Museum as well as the historic canals and the Central Station are in a short ride from the hotel
- Eco conscious guests will be glad to know that Inntel hotels have the highest Green Key level – Gold
Park Hotel 4*. From €113
Start your Amsterdam bike trip from the liveliest part of the city – the Leidseplein, with the Park Hotel located minutes from here. The hotel fits into the area just perfectly: the cosmopolitan atmosphere, design of a boutique hotel, MOMO restaurant known throughout the city, views on the canals.
Advantages for the cyclists are:
- Location next to the Leidse Square and minutes to the Museum Quarter; enjoy shopping at the P.C. Hooftstraat district and relaxation at the Vondelpark
- The bike rental special which includes a stay at a Superior room, bike rental and a city map. From €169
- Everything you need for a perfect rest in your room: XXL pillows, signature bedding, rainforest showers and more
Best Western Blue Square Hotel 4*. From €69
Those who need a quieter place for their accommodation and bike rides are advised to stay at the Best Western Blue Square hotel. The hotel is located in a picturesque area half an hour from the city centre. But the remote location can turn into an advantage: you’ve got a lot of time to enjoy yourself, local surroundings and your ride to the sights of Amsterdam.
You will like the hotel for:
- Numerous green spots nearby: Gerbrandypark, Sloterpark, Park de Kuil, Eendrachtspark
- Bike rental offered on-site. No bikes left? The hotel staff will advise on the other bike rental services
- Relax with a book from the hotel’s Blue Book Shop after your ride, or enjoy a massage at the massage room
- Kid’s corner available for those staying with their family. Games, books and other entertainment offered for kids under 8
Lloyd Hotel and Cultural Embassy 3*. From €58
Lloyd Hotel offers an opportunity to discover the other side of Amsterdam for relatively low rates. Located in the upmarket Eastern Docklands area, it’s the city’s only hotel to offer 1 to 5 star rooms and the atmosphere of cultural immersion. There is a Cultural centre found on the hotel’s territory, with various cultural events organized by it.
Several reasons to book the hotel for a bike rental:
- The Summer Bicycle Special (summer 2013). For €75 you get a one night stay at the 3-star room, plus breakfast, bike rental, one map of the architectural marvels of Amsterdam, and another one of the city’s main galleries and cultural spots
- The Eastern Docklands area has some impressive sights to see: Dutch Maritime Museum, Science Center NEMO, ARCAM (Architecture Center Amsterdam)
- Start your tour with the Lloyd itself. The hotel boasts a rich history from a prison to an art center and finally a hotel
Stayokay Hostel Amsterdam Vondelpark. From €22.50
Those who want to discover Amsterdam from a different angle won’t find a better starting point for their tour than the Stayokay Hostel Vondelpark. Located literally within the famous lush Vondelpark, this is one of the biggest and most popular city hostels. The choice of facilities and offers provided by Stayok makes it a formidable rival to some budget hotels.
Why choose Stayok Vondelpark:
- Each room has a private shower and a toilet. You can also choose between same-sex and mixed rooms
- A variety of packages available. The one for cyclists is called “Discover the many faces of Amsterdam” and includes: 2-night accommodation with breakfast, 2 lunches, 2-day bicycle rental, a city map, the “Other faces of Amsterdam” brochure and a cycling guide on one district of your choice
- There are also walking tours, parties and various events organized for the hostel guests
- Meetings rooms, restaurant and rooms for the disabled on-site