Top 5 Star Hotels in Amsterdam
There is nothing easier than finding a 5 star hotel in Amsterdam, the city of rich history and contrasts. Glittering interiors, the widest choice of facilities, technological equipment one can only meet in a futuristic hotel, and of course all the beauties of Amsterdam at your fingertips. No, it’s not a fairytale; it’s a first class hotel in Amsterdam. Most of those are found in the centre, but tourists who want to observe the whole city will easily get to any Amsterdam area from the Central station. Discover the best of the best in Amsterdam.
The best 5 star hotels in Amsterdam
Sofitel Legend the Grand Amsterdam. From €168
Meet one of the most famous hotels in Amsterdam, the pearl of the 5 star world – Sofitel Legend the Grand. From the very beginning (and the hotel’s history dates back to the 16th century) this place has been visited by the celebrities, local elite and even royalties. Even Queen Beatrix chose the hotel’s chambers for her marriage!
Let’s name some of the most prominent hotel features:
- Luxurious services that will make you feel like a king: horse carriage tours, tours in a private boat, private dinners in a Marriage Chamber and more
- Stunning settings for the important events: the Aldermans room - formerly a mayor’s office, the Council Chamber where the City Council once sat and the Marriage Chamber where the royals celebrated their weddings
- For complete luxury, book one of the hotel’s Imperial Suites with spacious living rooms, large dining tables, mosaic bathroom walls and other exclusive features
De L'Europe Amsterdam. From €204
Tucked within a quiet location by the Amstel river and just 15 minutes from the Central station, De L'Europe is a true piece of art. The hotel comprises a historic Rondeel Building along with the contemporary Dutch Master Wing and offers unprecedented views from every second room. Each guest will find something to his liking as De L’Europe boasts numerous exceptional offers.
You will exclaim with rapture seeing the following hotel features:
- Replicas of Dutch Masters paintings from the Rijksmnuseum at all the Dutch Masters Wing suites
- iPads in each hotel room
- The Michelin-awarded Bord’Eau restaurant offers dinners in high style complemented by the wines from around the world
- The Bloody Mary cocktail at the iconic Freddy’s Bar is a must
- Les Caves De L'Europe wine cellar features more than 1000 wine selections
- Heated indoor pool with eye level views over the river
Hotel Pulitzer Amsterdam. From €169
For those who want to experience Amsterdam in luxury and style, hotel Pulitzer is the place to be. With no doubt, the hotel has all the regalia of a first class Amsterdam property: superb location, rich history, staff dedicated to what they do, unique gastronomic offers. You may be quite sure you’ll dip into history when staying here: Pulitzer occupies 25 historical canal houses that date back to the 17th and 18th centuries. Can you think of a more unique place?
Other hotel “Wow” factors:
- Location between the Prinsengracht and the Keizersgracht – the oldest Amsterdam canals. The Dam square is in a walking distance
- Wine Salon "de Apotheek" (The Pharmacy) boasts an original interior dating back to the 1800s
- A number of international awards, including Conde Nast Travelers Top 25 Hotel in Nothern Europe, Dutch Hotel Award 2013, Tripadvisor’s Top Hotel in category “Luxury”
- The hotel’s own boat dating back to the 1920s for historic canal tours
- The hotel’s gardens included in Terras Top 100 - a ranking of the best terraces in the Netherlands. There is an Art Gallery located within the gardens
Hotel Okura. From €129
Add a touch of exotics to your stay in Amsterdam. Hotel Okura is the member of the originally Japanese hotel chain Okura, that’s why an Eastern spirit runs through the whole establishment. The hotel’s location by a peaceful canal in the Amsterdam Zuid district is perfect for those who prefer quieter atmosphere away from the centre. Business people will also find the RAI Congress Centre in just a 5 minutes’ walk from Okura.
Several reasons to choose hotel Okura:
- Exclusive dining experiences at the Michelin-awarded Ciel Bleu and Yamazato restaurants
- Breathtaking views from the Twenty Third Bar found on the hotel’s 23rd floor
- Take advantage of Okura’s JetLag Programme if you can’t get used to the change in your itinerary
- For grandiose events there is a total of 2700 m2 meeting space including the 900 sq.m Grand Ballroom, plus the hotel’s own car parking with 160 parking spaces
Grand Hotel Amrath. From €103
Grand Hotel Amrath prides itself upon location in a former Shipping House, or Scheepvaarthuis, the typical example of Amsterdam School architecture. In fact, many tourists head here not for accommodation, but for the sightseeing. So if you are not pushed off by the noise and a little gloomy Art Deco atmosphere, but want to discover the history of Amsterdam – welcome to Amrath!
You will like the hotel for:
- Free entrance to the hotel’s Spa centre, WiFi, minibar and Nespresso coffee machines
- Rooms equipped with the latest amenities like the electric curtains, laptop-size safes, mirrors with lighting and controllable heating systems
- Views over the harbor or canal
- Suites each with their own special features: beautiful historic details at the Monumental Suite, fireplace in the three-story Tower Suite and a private rooftop terrace at the Oriental Suite
Marriott Amsterdam. From €136
The property in Amsterdam is perhaps one of the best representatives of the well-known Marriott brand. Located across the street from the Leidseplein, known for its rich nightlife and great dining options, Marriott Amsterdam has all the attributes of an international hotel: friendly and helpful staff, tasty breakfasts, good choice of facilities and comfortable rooms.
Choose the hotel for:
- Easy access to the old part of Amsterdam as well as its more “youthful” area
- The Blue Boat canal tours take off from a station across the street
- Free access to the 24 hour fitness centre for those who book Luxury rooms
- Book in advance and save 20% off your room rate with the European Breaks Summer offer. Valid until August 23rd 2013