Favorite celebrity hotels in Amsterdam
As a major cultural hub, Amsterdam hosts numerous concerts and other cultural events every year. Celebrities that come to the city choose hotels which guarantee the highest level of service, security and perhaps some extravagant facilities you aren’t likely to find at standard properties. Should you be a fan who wants to know you idol’s favorite destination, or just need a tried-and-true hotel chosen by the world stars, our list of favorite celebrity Amsterdam hotels might appear useful.
Encounter with a person from the TV at these hotels
Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam 5*. From €368
Those hunting for autographs should check the super-luxurious InterContinental Amstel in the first place. Tucked in a peaceful location some 10-20 minutes from the central city area, the hotel guarantees privacy and seclusion every star dreams of. No surprise that Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Jennifer Aniston, Bill Clinton and Brad Pitt preferred it to other city lodgings.
There are many reasons why all these people chose Intercontinental:
- Opulent atmosphere typical for a Royal-style hotel. Marble chandeliers, classic French design, antiques, Persian carpets
- Views, views, views! Many rooms, the hotel’s terrace, wellness centre and other spaces overlook the Amstel
- Michelin-starred French/Mediterranean restaurant La Rive and a Wine Room with the finest wine selections
- The hotel’s own small boat fleet for private river cruises
Sofitel Amsterdam 5*. From approx. €230
Sofitel the Grand is all about history and location. Dating back to the 16th century, it has always been a magnet for people of importance who preferred not just to stay, but also to have their festivities here. Sofitel’s extensive celebrity guestlist includes Queen Maria de' Medici, Princess Maria Stuart, William of Orange and Queen Beatrix, who even had her wedding at the hotel. Katie Melua confessed that the Grand is her favorite hotel in Europe.
The hotel is notable for:
- Historic spaces: the Marriage chamber used to host royal weddings, the Council Chamber was the City Council’s seat while the Alderman’s room was a mayor’s office
- Legendary Suites named after the royalties. Luxurious interiors, classic décor , mosaic bathroom walls combined with modern amenities
- Location around the corner from the cultural centre
- Stylish spots to encounter with the celebrities: the Cocktail bar, the Lounge, the Vinotheque and the Garden Terrace
Conservatorium Hotel 5*. From €268
There is more than just one hotel in Amsterdam that received Lady Gaga’s and Rihanna’s favor. Conservatorium, whose roots run deep into the musical past of Amsterdam, is found at one of the most culture-rich corners of the city, the Museumplein. The hotel seats on the site of the former Sweelinck Conservatory, taking its name from this cultural establishment.
It’s not just hotel’s history that makes it the choice for world stars:
- Design by the world-known Italian architect and interior designer Piero Lissoni combines historical feel and modern urban flair
- Complimentary access to the highly-praised Akasha Holistic centre to all hotel guests. A 1000 sq m pool, whirlpool, hammam and a choice of treatments
- Great choice of rooms of every type, including duplex rooms and suites, rooftop suite, a penthouse and even a triplex I love Amsterdam Suite
- An atmospheric inner courtyard with floor-to-ceiling windows that houses the hotel’s brasserie
Ambassade Hotel 4*. From €185
The more artistically-inclined travelers are welcome at the Ambassade hotel – a writers’ paradise. The well-read guests are probably familiar with such names as Umberto Eco, Michael Chabon, A.M.Homes and Willem Nijholt. All of them stayed at the Ambassade while visiting Amsterdam. The hotel even has a guestbook with comments by the famous guests.
There are many reasons to check into this hotel:
- The hotel sits within 10 lovingly restored canal houses, with 8 of them overlooking the Herengracht canal, and the other two – the Singel
- The original paintings by the Cobra movement artists and Amsterdam Impressionists found throughout the hotel
- The hotel’s library showcases a unique collection of over 3000 signed books by foreign authors plus a guestbook with guests’ comments
- Each room has its own colour scheme, fabrics, etc. All boast luxurious Louis XVI style furnishings
Hilton Amsterdam 5*. From approx. €196
Fans of The Beatles or the famous hippie Lennon-Ono couple will definitely want if not to stay then at least to look at the place where John and Yoko had their “bed-in for peace” in 1969. Why not use the chance to sleep amidst the interiors that surrounded the lovers during this important act of protest.
Why we love Hilton:
- John and Yoko Suite available for reservation. The luxury 50 sq. m. suite with a King Size bed and the couple’s memorabilia is definitely a choice of the most solvent guests. But has the money ever stopped true fans?
- A canal side hotel just across the canal from Vondelpark. The city centre is a 20-30 minute tram ride from the hotel
- The hotel has its own boat landing pier – a perfect start for your canal tour!
- The award-winning Roberto’s Restaurant with a charming fireplace on-site