Best small and cozy hotels in Paris
Big chain hotels are great if you want an international quality guarantee and aren’t used to unwanted surprises. But those who want to feel the true spirit of Paris, get a living experience they won’t forget and prefer cozy atmosphere are advised to stay at small Paris hotels. There is a great number and variety of those spread throughout the city. In fact, Paris is the perfect destination for the accommodation of this kind! A design hotel with unique touches? Or a budget lodging suitable for the whole family? The choice of hotels is so great it’s easy to get confused. We’ll help you make the right decision: see our list of the best small hotels in Paris.
Best small and quiet hotels in Paris
Sublim Eiffel 3*. From €139
Sublim Eiffel is a small boutique hotel perfect for the younger travelers, couples, clubbers and friends. Its urban artistic design is focused on the touristy and lively side of Paris: gleaming lights, carpets featuring the city metro map, wallpaper depicting the Eiffel Tower, optic fiber lighting in showers… But despite its modern feel and glitzy decoration, it offers coziness and welcoming atmosphere. Rooms are small, but that is compensated with unique design and up-to-date amenities such as free WiFi and LCD satellite TV. Choose the Balneo suite for great views of the Eiffel Tower and amenities for total relaxation including a fireplace and a whirlpool bath.
The hotel’s main advantages are:
- Cool urban design combined with relaxing atmosphere
- Location on the Left Bank minutes from the Champ de Mars, the Eiffel Tower and Place du Trocadero, with lots of dining and shopping spots close by
- The Eiffel Tower views from the upper rooms
- A whirlpool and a fireplace in the Balneo Suite
- Spa area with hammam on-site
La Manufacture 3*. From €113
Despite its location outside the city centre, La Manufacture is a great choice for those looking for the best price/quality ratio. The hotel is situated in the 13th arrondissement on the Left bank, with a China Town found in the same area. But those who settle here enjoy excellent transportation links, quieter residential atmosphere and several interesting attractions to discover: the Butte-aux-Cailles, the Manufacture des Gobelins and the Quartier Asiatique. The hotel offers bright modern rooms with an artistic feel created by beautiful paintings, wooden furniture, contrast colours and lots of light. We’d call the overall hotel atmosphere refreshing and optimistic. Some rooms overlook the Eiffel Tower, the Pantheon and Montmartre. The Michelin Red Guide 2011 edition describes La Manufacture as a “warm and charming hotel” with “cozy and fresh rooms”.
Several facts about the hotel:
- Charming boutique hotel with bright and refreshing design and art decorating the rooms
- Location in the 13th arrondissement outside the city centre. Good transport links
- Chinatown and Butte-aux-Cailles found close by
- Prices that don’t bite
Le Relais Montmartre 3*. From €149
Le Relais Montmartre is another inexpensive variant of accommodation with a homely feel and country style. Simple well-lit rooms with pretty accents such as colourful handmade fabrics, classic lamps and paintings are perfect for a family stay. Location in the lovely Montmartre district is good for families and couples alike. The list of local sights includes the Moulin Rouge, the Butte-Montmartre and the Sacre-Coeur. But the most important thing is the hotel’s snug atmosphere and the friendliness of its staff who do everything to make you feel welcomed and relaxed. Enjoy your time at the hotel’s patio and a summer terrace. All in all, this is a nice place with cozy and welcoming atmosphere and basic amenities.
Things you’ll like about the hotel:
- Location away from the main city bustle, still minutes from the area’s main sights
- Clean, bright and colourful rooms with village-style accents such as pretty paintings and handmade fabrics
- A cozy patio and a terrace found on-site
Hotel Du Cadran 3*. From €202
Let’s get back to more modern accommodation options in Paris. Hotel Du Cadran is a well-known address in the heart of the city, in a walking distance from the Eiffel Tower and Les Invalides.Its minimalistic design is focused on the clock theme – and the hotel’s name (“Cadran”), translated as “Clock”, tells you this.Sleek surfaces, muted lights, urban feel and modern design accents are the features that describe the hotel atmosphere best of all. The hotel’s Chocolate Bar will definitely be your magnet if you have a sweet tooth or come to Paris with your kids. There is also an Internet corner found on-site, however, free WiFi is provided as well. Rooms are on the smaller side, but this is quite typical for Paris.
The hotel’s main features are:
- Sleek minimalistic design and urban style
- Location between the Eiffel Tower and Les Invalides. The list of nearby attractions includes the Champs-Elysees, Pont de l’Alma and Musee Rodin
- A Chocolate Bar is soon to open at the hotel
- Free WiFi and an Internet Corner
Le Relais Saint Sulpice 4*. From approx. €149
Welcome to the hotel that has a lot to show and tell you. Located within a 18th century building directly behind the St. Sulpice Church and close to the Luxembourg Gardens, the hotel is best characterized as a museum of curiosities. The hotel guests are welcome to enjoy its boutique atmosphere and observe the artifacts collected by its owners while traveling. An 18th century ceramic wood burning stove, lithographs, landscapes, furniture from the Art Nouveau period will interest fans of everything historic. But apart from that, Le Relais Saint Sulpice offers charming Parisian-style rooms overlooking the St. Sulpice Church or the hotel’s courtyard. Rooms are decorated with unique objects bought at flea markets, designer fabrics and old-fashioned furniture. The hotel’s Salon and a Courtesy Bar opposite the reception are perfect for a quiet and solitary pastime.
The hotel’s peculiar features are:
- Location directly behind the Church of Saint-Sulpice
- Curious artifacts and objects decorate the hotel’s rooms and public spaces
- Charming classic-style rooms with designer fabrics and wooden old-style furniture
- Rooms overlook the Church or the courtyard
- The old-style Courtesy Bar and the Salon are perfect for a quiet pastime
Hotel De Vendome 5*. From €332
If you’re not restrained by your budget and prefer to stay at the first class hotels, the best variant we can suggest you is Hotel De Vendome, a member of Small Luxury Hotels found rightin the heart of the French capital, a few steps from the Tuileries Garden.Built in the 18th century, the building served as a private residence, a seat of government and in the 19th century – the embassy of the Republic of Texas. This historic and luxurious feel is still preserved in the hotel’s design, through such details as expensive fabrics, crystal chandeliers, wooden furniture and panelling.The atmosphere of opulence and splendor, courteous staff and first-class restaurant and bar may push aside those who prefer something less ostentatious. But if that’s your idea of comfort – welcome to Hotel De Vendome!
Things to know about the hotel:
- A 5 star jewel steps from the Tuileries Garden
- Historic hotel that used to be a private residence and a government seat
- Luxurious sparkling atmosphere throughout
- Elegantly classic-style rooms designed rooms
- The restaurant “1 Place Vendome” boasts Dior-style design and the best dining offers in Paris