The most inspiring autumn experiences at Amsterdam hotels
Even though the summer season is over, there are still many ways to diversify your visit to Amsterdam. Lots of Amsterdam hotels introduce special packages that are connected with some specific events or simply help you discover the city as it changes the colours from summer green to autumn yellow. We offer you the list of some interesting autumn experiences available at Amsterdam hotels in 2013.
Amsterdam hotels autumn specials 2013
ARTZUID 2013 Package at Hilton Amsterdam 5*. From €309
If you are planning to visit Amsterdam during the first Autumn month, September, you still have the chance to participate in the international sculpture festival ARTZUID, with open-air exhibitions held at the Vondelpark, Museumplein and the Apollolaan street. Hilton Amsterdam, one of the best city hotels known for John Lennon’s and Yoko Ono’s “Bed-in for peace”, is a perfect start of your ARTZUID visit. It’s located right by the Apollolaan and offers a themed package available until September 22nd, 2013
The hotel’s ARTZUID 2013 Package includes:
- An overnight stay at the hotel’s Deluxe room, breakfast included
- A picnic basket for two
- Rental of two bikes for a convenient visit of the ARTZUID sites
Amsterdam Thanksgiving Package at Marriott Amsterdam 5*. From €179
Even though the Thanksgiving Day is only celebrated in the end of November, we advise you to plan your trip in advance as this holiday season Amsterdam will be swarming with family travelers. For example, book the Thanksgiving package which is already available at Marriott Amsterdam. The package is perfect for gourmands while the hotel’s location by the Leidseplein is extremely convenient to discover the city. Valid through December 4th, 2013. The same package is available at Renaissance Amsterdam.
The Thanksgiving Package at Marriott Amsterdam includes:
- Accommodation at the Deluxe room
- Full American breakfast for two
- Three course meals for two guests throughout their stay
- Thanksgiving dinner for two guests on November 28th, 2013
A Smurftastic stay at Hotel Pulitzer 5*. From approx. €319
If you’re traveling to Amsterdam with your kids, hurry up to book your room at the Pulitzer. Only until the end of September 2013 the hotel, along with other Starwood properties, celebrates the release of The Smurfs 2. Your family stay at this Amsterdam diamond comprised of 25 17th century canal houses will be as luxurious as one can only dream of. Besides, there are some extras offered to families. Book until September 15th for stays before September 30th 2013.
This family offer at the Pulitzer includes:
- A 50% discount for a second room when staying with kids under 21 years
- Free meals for kids
- A fun Smurfs 2 activity booklet upon arrival
Little Secrets Tour at the Banks Mansion 4*. From €209
The “Little Secrets Tour” is not a seasonal offer and is available at the Banks Mansion throughout the year. However, we included it in our list since the package is a must if you want a more thorough acquaintance with Amsterdam. Besides, this boutique hotel standing on one of the oldest city canals, Herengracht, is a perfect start of your city tour: it boasts charming canal views, stylish ambiance and an atmospheric lobby area with complimentary snacks.
The Little Secrets Tour offer includes:
- An overnight stay at the Deluxe Double Canal View room
- Free use of iPads in your room and in the lobby
- A personal guided tour along the canals
- A ride on the hotel’s own coaster
- Map of Amsterdam canals
Dutch Design and Art Special at Artemis Hotel Amsterdam 4*. From €119
Artemis is indeed one of the most artistic hotels in Amsterdam and is the place to discover authentic Dutch design. The hotel’s interiors are adorned with furniture by local designers and every three months there is a new exhibition organized on the Artemis’ territory. To have a better idea of the Dutch design principles, book the hotel’s special package.
Dutch Design and Art Special at the Artemis hotel includes:
- 2 nights at the hotel
- Daily breakfast buffet
- Tickets to the Foam Fotografie Museum or the Cobra Museum
- A 3 course themed dinner at the Bar 'De Stijl'
- Design surprise upon arrival
- Design and Shopping route package plus a city plan
- Discount on parking; free WiFi and free fitness
Wine and Food pairing workshops at Hotel Okura 5*. From €75
This autumn Okura, one of the most striking Amsterdam hotels, invites you to test your culinary skills and learn something new at its Wine and Food pairing workshops. Wine connoisseurs can’t miss this event taking place at the hotel’s Taste of Okura culinary center.
More about the hotel and its offer:
- The Wine and Food Workshop will last until December 7th 2013. The subjects are: “What is Wine?”, “New vs. Old World Wine”, “Chardonnay”, “Riesling”, “Red Wine”. Participation costs: from €75 per one lection
- Can’t take part in these workshops? Don’t be upset! You can participate in the other themed workshops at the Taste of Okura Center throughout the year: wine and sake tastings, sushi and vegetarian cooking classes and more
- Okura’s pride are the 2 Michelin-starred restaurant Ciel Bleu, 1 Michelin-starred restaurant Yamazato and the panoramic Twenty Third Bar on the hotel’s 23rd floor